- How do I get the bottom release liner off?
Start at the corner and use your finger nails to grab the release liner and a bit of the adhesive to pull off. Sometimes it helps to cut off the edge so you have a fresh corner to work with. Tweezers can also be used if you don't have much for fingernails.
- It's really hot out and the Tape is soft, what can I do?
You can place the Tape in the fridge to cool down for a while before applying. The adhesive will firm up making it easier to work with.
- Can I use this on other Rubber Roofs or Steel Trailers?
Yes you can use the RV Flex Repair Roof Tape on EPDM Rubber Roofs, Metal, Steel, Wood, Fiberglass (rough surface first) and more.
- Can you paint over the Tape with a coating?
Yes, you can paint over RV Flex Repair Roof Tape with RV Flex Repair 100% Silicone Roof Coating to make a seamless, waterproof coating.
- Can you overlap the Tape?
Yes, the RV Flex Repair Tape can be applied to itself if you need bridge a larger area
- Can the Tape be removed?
Yes, you can use a heat gun and scraper.
- Can you use the Tape on vertical surfaces as well as flat?
Yes, you can apply the RV Flex Repair Tape in any direction.
- Can you apply the Tape to a wet surface?
You'll want to apply the RV Flex Repair Tape to a dry, clean surface.
- What temperature can you apply the Tape in?
It's best to apply the RV Flex Repair Tape in 50F/10C and rising.
- Can this caulking be used with EPDM Rubber Roofing?
Yes the RV Flex Repair Caulking can be used on many surface like EPDM Rubber Roofing, Fiberglass (rough surface first), metal, wood, concrete...
- What temperature can the caulking be applied in?
You can apply RV Flex Repair Caulking at 35F/5C and rising in wet or dry conditions.
- Where is the Coating made?
RV Flex Repair 100% Silicone Roof Coating is made in the USA
- What is an aged EPDM Rubber Roof versus new roof?
An aged EPDM Rubber Roof will show oxidation, wear and weathering. New EPDM Rubber roofs will be uniform in its color and consistency
- What kind of roller do I use?
You can use a standard 3/8" nap paint roller to apply the RV Flex Repair 100% Silicone Roof Coating.
- How many coats should I apply?
If you apply the RV Flex Repair 100% Silicone Roof Coating thick enough, you can apply in 1 heavy coat. If not, you can apply the remaining final product with a 2nd coat.
- What temperature can you apply the coating in?
You can apply the RV Flex Repair 100% Silicone Roof Coating at 40F/10C and rising.
- How do I replace a vent or penetration after coating?
If you have to replace a vent or other roof penetration, you'll want to cut through the membrane to remove your penetration. The same way you'd normally do it. Then re-apply the products after replacement is completed. ie. Seam Tape, Caulking, Coating
- Can the product be rolled around the top edge onto the vertical?
- Can you explain what moisture cure is for the RV Flex Repair 100% Silicone Roof Coating?
The RV Flex Repair 100% Silicone Roof Coating is a moisture cure product which means it uses moisture (humidity) from the air to initiate cross linking of the ingredients. This builds the strength and adhesion. As long as you have some humidity (ie. 20%) and higher temperatures, curing will be in the 1-2 day range. When you get into low temperatures and low humidity, curing can take 3-4 days. Ideal humidity is around 50% and temperatures of 75F.
- Can you get other colors than White, like Grey?
To get custom colors like Grey and Tan, contact support to determine how long it will take.